View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 PM  
XSAXS
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
The #1 reason I believe that Jesus is who He said He is:

In the Gospel of John we read that the apostle Thomas would not believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. He said that he would not believe unless he could see the wounds in Jesus hands and put his fingers into the wound in His side. According to John, one week later it happened. The resurrected Jesus appeared to all the disciples, and Thomas was able to touch the healed wounds for himself, and he exclaimed "My Lord and my God!" (Jn. 20:24)

Ok... just another wild Bible story, right?

Yes, BUTTTT.......

According to verifiable sources OUTSIDE the Bible -- Over the next 30-50 years, Thomas traveled longer and further than any other disciple spreading the message of a Risen Savior. And he was eventually martyred in India (speared several times and thrown alive into an oven).

These accomplishments are well documented outside the Bible by Christian and non-Christian sources.

So why would a man who (at first) did NOT believe in a Risen Christ throw away his normal, comfortable life and willingly submit himself to persecution, punishment, torture, and death if he knew that Jesus was a fake or that His claims were fraudulent?

As $5 Submissions said... this is just my own view. Not suggesting anyone else has to agree with it. I've tried to disprove the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus many times, but there are way too many extra-Biblical sources that endorse its veracity.
XSAXS is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote