View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 AM  
MediaGuy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
So many guns is a problem, no doubt about it. But there's nothing that can be done or debated about it.

I experience a sense of relief when I cross the border back to Canada, We never had a gun saturated culture, and I know the next road-enraged cabbie won't be pulling out a .32 to resolve his grievance.

While this isn't the case in the US, there's nothing you can do or say that will change things. Many gun owners and good citizens are going to be responsible just as because of the whole "gun environment" there will be irresponsible and stupid accidents.

Taking guns out of American hands is about as possible as taking oxygen out of the air they breathe.

Mass high school shootings or accidental family deaths from the US is like hurricanes or floods or earthquakes - they will happen and there's nothing to be done about them.

Criminals use stolen or illegal guns and the more legal guns there are out there, the more they will get their hands on them.

Our government recently eradicated a gun registry law we had here, effectively protecting criminal chain-of-custody use of illegally acquired weapons in the process. Don't ask why. Our current prime minister worships and wants to emulate the errors of the US.

Most of our gun-owners are farmers who want to protect their land from coyotes and other predators.

Americans seem to feel they need protection from themselves - human predators who will attack them, their families, and so on...

The problem doesn't seem to be guns. The problem seems to be Americans and the culture they live in, or try to live in.

Why are so many Americans preying on their own? What is wrong in the country that people will eat each other?

There has to be levers and causes for this kind of behaviour and self-destructive instinct...

YOU Are Industry News!
Press Releases: pr[at]payoutmag.com
Facebook: Payout Magazine! Facebook: MIKEB!
MediaGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote