View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM  
Rothstein
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by u-Bob View Post
my 2 cents:
I have domains at several different registrars (Fabulous, Moniker, Godaddy, Namecheap, Name,... and Webair).

When using a registrar there's always some kind of risk involved:

Namecheap is only a reseller and has had problems in the past with its whoisprivacy service. Namecheap also prevents you from registering or transferring domains that contain certain keywords. There's also the issue of LegitScript and Namecheap taking down pharma domains run by Canadians and aimed at Canadians because LegitScript claimed those sites could potentially be used by US based customers to buy meds.

Godaddy has its own share of horror stories. The seclists.org fiasco is one of them.

Moniker is no longer the company it once was. For example, last year they accidentally dropped the whoisprotection on a few hundred of my domains. They didn't even apologize.

I put my domains in several different baskets to spread the risk and for seo reasons. While I'm aware of the hosting problems mentioned in this thread, I still use Webair as a registrar for a decent part of my network. So far I've not yet had any problems. of course there's thing i wish they would do differently, things I wish they would change about their control panel. But then again, I have the same remarks about most of the other registrars I use.

Would I recommend Webair's dedicated servers? I have no experience with them so I can't.
Would I recommend Webair as a registrar? yes, I would.
Fabulous has always been solid.
Rothstein is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote