View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM  
directfiesta
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
Read the very first sentence of your own quote. YOUR post said:

According to YOUR source, the problem is that it's so difficult and expensive to get a permit to build a modern refinery that none have been built since 1976.

Back off for a second from reading only the parts that support some political idealogy and actually read your own source. It makes you a much more intelligent and well rounded person. Just because you generally agree with Obama or whoever doesn't mean you have to close your eyes and ignore facts he'd rather you not see, even as you accidentally quote those facts. You can agree with him generally and still see that he's wrong on this issue.
Here is your post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
He said "gas prices go up because of speculation - more people buy stock in oil companies."

On the other hand, supply is obviously affected by the fact that we haven't been allowed to add any new refineries since 1976. Think about if since 1976 no one was allowed to start producing content. You had to buy only from photographers who started shooting in 1976 or earlier. How do you think that would affect rhe price of content? That's exactly what the greenies have done with gas - no new refineries, no drilling here, no drilling there, no new pipelines = supply doesn't keep up with demand = prices go up.
That is NOT true ... They were allowed , but elected not to do so ... for profit reasons ...

I even posted that part, contrary to your ramblings ...

See the following post, same problem in Canada .... Here, I buy BRENT petrolium that is 20% more expensive that the Alberta oil sold to the US.

Must be Obama and/or our government .... After all, oil companies are all facing bankruptcy

But I can't figure out how he can breathe or type , at the same time ....
directfiesta is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote