View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pheer View Post
You say you support the troops but you call them terrorists and enemies. Soldiers do what they are told, except in extreme cases like the guys pissing on corpses and the guy that went on a murdering rampage. Those are rare isolated cases.
I support them as brave and patriotic individuals, but not the cause they are sent to fight for and not the company / government they get their orders from. I actually feel sorry for them as they joined the military to do good (I hope) and instead are turned into murders and terrorists on foreign land. It's a bum deal and it is out of their control once they join, I understand that. They have to follow orders. But the hijackers on 9-11 just followed orders too. And they all have a choice to not pull a trigger or drop a bomb, even if that means they are punished. If I had to choose between being punished for not following orders or dropping a bomb into a village killing unarmed civilians, especially women and children, I would choose to be punished and discharged. There are some things I just do not want weighing on my soul, and killing innocent people, even if they are collateral damage, is not one of them. I prefer to remain a human being, not a soulless animal.

In the eyes of the Afghan people they are also the terrorists and enemy. There is no other way to say it. We are terrorists to them just as those who flew planes into our buildings are terrorists to us.

This does not mean ALL soldiers are bad. Just the ones who are over there killing for United States Inc. Being in Thailand we get LOTS of guys coming here for R&R and some of the stories they tell are just sickening. Haven't met one yet who thinks we're actually doing good in either country.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote