View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:45 AM  
Sexgenoten

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bet View Post
go over nono's as well: invisible text, cloaking, keyword stuffing,
cookie stuffing, doorway pages, spam

This falls under the Negative on-site SEO, and again, i could go on and on about all the things you should Not do, but bottom line, if you know its sketchy, and most likely something you should not do and often do not see.. then Google has already picked up on these items, and the first time you are spidered, you are flagged. Keep your site clean, optimized and updated with unique content and you will be fine. Google has a section of No-No's in their guildlines:
I've looked at the google page and found:
Quote:
Hiding text or links in your content can cause your site to be perceived as untrustworthy since it presents information to search engines differently than to visitors. Text (such as excessive keywords) can be hidden in several ways, including:

- Using white text on a white background
- Including text behind an image
- Using CSS to hide text
- Setting the font size to 0
Do you know what they mean with 'Using CSS to hide text'. Because that is exactly what i'm doing but from the end users site experience pov.

I use jquery to show/hide specific parts of my website. This way there are no load times once the site had been loaded which, imho, would enhance the users site experience.
Further more, i can now build custom features and show visitors what all can be done with a simple TGP site.

In short, do you know if a css setting 'visibility' : 'hidden' is a go or a nono?

Last edited by Sexgenoten; 12-29-2010 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: grammar
Sexgenoten is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote