Thread: Payment methods
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 PM  
MyBitcoin

Industry Role:
Ever heard of Bitcoin? It's an fairly new up and cummer. (pun!)

We've just started offering it on our affiliate programs and on a couple of our paysites.

It is a decentralized P2P (peer-to-peer) monetary system that uses no bank, central authority, or mint. I'm sure you've all heard of Bittorrent. Well, Bitcoin is the money equivalent.

It can't "go down" , lose your money, or even be shut down without shutting the entire Internet down. Each person who uses Bitcoin is a piece of Bitcoin; a piece of a global settlement/banking system. There is no approval process or paperwork. You just start using it.

It is like an e-wallet on steroids. Payment is instant and the fees are ZERO. There are no banks or middlemen to pay, after all.

Bitcoins can be traded for Visa card credits, c-gold, liberty reserve, cash, bank wires, edinar, moneybookers, paypal, pecunix, hd-money, etc, etc by using independent currency exchangers. The virtual equivalent of exchanging foreign currency at the booth at the airport.

Best of all, you can do micropayments. We have one site where we sell small video clips for less than $1 in Bitcoin. We retain 100% of the money. Regularly you'd get hosed 10-15% (maybe even more). You can actually sell content at *fractions* of a penny per view/download. Maybe the static content sites can get back to making something using this system. lol

Anyway, I won't bore you with the technical stuff about how it works. If you have questions you can slap me with them. Plus, it is really late here. lol

Tom
MyBitcoin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote