View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 AM  
Jdoughs
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Alright, isn't this about tools?

Yes indeed it is, but those tools would be useless without understanding WHY we need them, and now we can focus on which tools, and HOW to use them.

First thing I'm going to say is I am not a fan of automated systems. I am a fan of efficiency and effectiveness. I will go into detail about a couple tools or systems, and mention a few more. I tend to not use anything that may leave a footprint as I KNOW Google is like the Mother In Law, something you did 3 years ago, WILL be remembered and held against you in 5 years. I'm going to focus on SAFE link generation, and strategies to do it.

The tools, get on with it!

Alright, we have a few different types of tools/systems/sites that we can generate trades with. We have tools that can track trades, tools that can find trades, tools that add trades, and even a couple tools that do all the above. I am going to focus on 2 main types of link tracking tools, self hosted/maintained, and community browser based, and go into each a little bit.

Links Organizer

An old school favorite, and still active and updated script is Links Organizer. This is a great self hosted script that will allow you have a sign up form available online with a database of all your sites you'd like to trade with. You can set up auto linking , lay out your sites by niche, track and maintain your own existing trades from one admin.

Links Organizer is used by hundreds (if not thousands) of webmasters, and I've noticed many users of other tools still use their trusted Links Organizer. This says an awful lot about the script itself, and how happy its users are. The advantages to this script is the ease of use, auto functions, having a trade list live for webmasters to view and data that it allows you to add for each domain you add.

www.LinkSpun.com

LinkSpun is a little different then Links Organizer, and the main difference is that Linkspun and other tools like it (thunder-ball, jaystrades) are community browser based systems that allow you to enter your sites into the niche databases, and allow other webmasters to request links from you. The instant advantage to using tools like this is that you do not need to drive traffic to your trade page to reap rewards of incoming trade requests. And possibly more importantly, they often have hundreds of webmasters looking for link trades everyday

These tools will allow you to browse niche lists, and see active websites that are currently looking to do link trades, and then with a quick back and forth, you do your link trade, and add links. Linkspun, jaystrades and t-ball will all continue to monitor all live trades you have added.

Newer tools or communities like www.linkspun.com are trying to deliver more relevant trades to users by allowing them to sort and view data on websites like Page Rank, Internal Pages, Outbound Links, Niche, User, activity etc. This allows you to develop an actual strategy, a game plan to target out the links you need and focus them onto targets you see fit.

So what's the strategy part?

Alright, trading strategies. Let's start out about understanding some basic strategy here. First off, when thinking of links, it’s always better to build feeders with intent to trade, then intent to link yourself up. Think of it like this, if you have 50 websites and want to rank 1 for fat dicks, the chances of you successfully covering your tracks and linking all your stuff to yourself and having it work are very slim. Even if you do succeed, you've got 50 inbound links.

Now if you take them same 50 sites, and commit to generating 20 link trades across them and get the RETURN links pointed to the site you want to rank, you've gained 1000 inbound links.

50 links from own sites < 1000 unique back links from outside websites you don't own.

How the hell do I generate, and monitor 1000 link trades?

Ok, we are on to the fun part now. If you don't have any tools for trading, it's not going to be an easy task, even if you are an Excel geek. So first off you should familiarize yourself with the few good tools available. You can buy a copy of L.O. and sign up at www.linkspun.com (LS is a free service without any limits) and begin to add your site.

For Links Organizer, make sure to completely fill out the domain pages, add quality descriptions and explain exactly what you are looking for, there won't be much back and forth or communication with most traders here, so be thorough on your rules and details. You will want to add your domain profile link to places that will get webmasters to view it, so combing forums and link request threads is a great place to start.

You will notice the longer you use this, the bigger your return becomes as many webmasters will return to your page to check out for more trades. Keep things legit, keep links live, and actively police the links for lesser quality sites being added.

For LinkSpun and other browser based systems, you want to make sure you approach this with smarts. Think about utilizing the site and its traffic (all webmasters looking for trades) to your advantage. Think about getting your URLS and profiles viewed by as many link hunting webmasters a day.
  1. Add your pages and categorize them into the most relevant niche(s). This is very important, if someone is looking for schoolgirl links, you want your schoolgirl feeder site or trade site to appear and get a request.
  2. Systematically build or find pages on your sites that fit into most or all categories and add them to your profile. Most of these tools list sites for trade by last logged in. So if you can effectively add a page or site to each category, every time you log in you are the 1st person another webmaster sees, no matter which category he loads.
  3. Be active and be yourself on any of these sites. Use your industry nick, you will get more requests if people recognize you.
  4. Respond to requests promptly, add links immediately once agreement is made, you don't want anyone to Block you and pass your name off to their friends as someone to not trade with, we want to maximize our returns, not jeopardize them
  5. Hide your 'money sites'. The sites you want to get ranked and aren't offering links on, hide them so nobody can see them. You can still get links pointed TO a hidden site, it’s just available in lists for requests.
  6. Target out your most probable keyterms, and start asking for links to it, when others get your requests they will look through your available sites and request one back.
  7. Utilize multiple or stacked trades. This allows you to link trade from your pr4 or higher quality site, with a user who has a handful of pr2 sites. You simply make a multiple trade request asking for 3 of his pr2 links, for one of your pr4 (or whatever you think is fit).
  8. Login everyday, both to answer requests but also to bump your pages to the top of every category list. Working all day? Refresh it and keep yourself up and see how much your incoming requests increases.

Now the key thing when using these tools is that we need to have adult webmasters browsing over our trade pages. We want to have a constant supply of incoming link requests, to buffer our own outgoing requests.

With 50-60 domains added on any of the browser based tools, and my domains sorted properly, I get about 180-200 hard link requests a month. This is without doing anything but logging in every few days to keep my pages high in the sites lists, and to check requests. I like to also browse this very forums Link Trade forum, and also have about 8-10 other webmaster boards bookmarked for the same reason, extra link trades.

Sum it up already?

Ok so basically, we learned the importance of hardlinks, and how Google and other engines value them. That gives us a decent base of knowledge to start generating our own and not hurt ourselves by doing so. We saw how 2 simple tools can incredibly boost our link efforts, and give us total control over what is linking to us, and to where.

S.E.O isn't rocket science. I spent the first 15 years of my working life as a contractor, and was almost whale status less than 2 years after first logging into the internet. Things have slowed down now but not enough to scare me away from the industry, it is what I do now.

I'll be following this up and replying to all questions, and giving examples where I can to better illustrate if I've missed something. Sorry about the length, there was a lot of ground to cover before I got to the 'meat'.

I'm not sure if there are many people that know any of the browser based link trading systems more than I do. I've been a very active user of a few, and due to wanting the 'end all be all' trade system, I had LinkSpun coded and we have only one intention, to be the biggest database of adult webmasters and websites looking for trades, one big link party.

About Jdoughs - John has been an adult webmaster pursuing search engine traffic for over 6 years. Most recently behind the creation of www.linkspun.com, a free adult link trading community, he has finally put his link generation strategies and tools into play for all adult webmasters to utilize.

Last edited by Jdoughs; 06-07-2010 at 02:11 AM..
Jdoughs is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote