View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM  
izzynew
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeloubani View Post
i have another question about networks of sites

everywhere i read ways people are trying to hide from google that a certain site is part of a network with some other sites

but what about if youre trying to make a network of sites? is there a penalty for linking your own sites together, and by that keeping them around your network?

id imagine people visiting more often and clicking around would outweight the disadvantage of links coming from a single owner - im not talking about different ips, i mean if sites are on different ips and different servers a lot of people are saying to link them up so they dont look like a network, but why?
Bumping this question because it's similar to mine.

I have sites on a range of different hosts, mostly to spread out the risk of hosting being down, but also because I'm still testing out which host would be best for dedicated.
I also have different IPs according to niches on some hosts.

But I'm wary of linking the sites up too much in case they are seen as trying to game google, which, believe it or not, wasn't my intention.

I'm fed up with thinking 'can I link to this site or not?' each time I link up my sites.

Allowing that google can see anything they want to see (especially with affiliate codes, same registrar, etc,), do you think it matters that much to link those sites up as I choose, rather than trying to hide the network, just in case?
izzynew is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote