View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 04:31 AM  
Doug E
Confirmed User

Good post, I've got my sites spread out over class c's on dedicated IP's, I'm no seo expert but I'm a believer that it helps. I do take issue with the following quote (if Ive missed any clarification in further posts, forgive me, I didn't read past page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog
Host Crowding = If multiple results come from the same Web host, then only the first two are returned.
As written that's not true. There's a few keywords that return more than 2 of my sites from the same nameserver/host/ip/whois etc. I checked one I could think of and found around 6 results in the top 100. One at number 1, one in top 20 and a few more somewhere between 30 and 100. It's not the most competitive keyword, only 3,350,000 results returned and maybe 75 visitors a day to the #1 listing.

Maybe google treats the super competitive terms differently or it wont return 2 of the same results from same server in top 10 or something, I don't know. I do believe host crowding plays a role but it's not as simple as stated, especially with the less competitive terms.
Doug E is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote