View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 PM  
daveylapoo
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningStunt View Post
Different C class hosting is just one part of creating a network if you're trying to game the search engines.

Other considerations people should think about:

Whois details - are you going to fake 50 different sets?

Registrars - how many different ones are you going to use?

Are you using the same site generator / template on multiple sites?

Are you leaving any kind of common footprint whatsoever across your network?

First off, I am a customer of the Poster's service, and feel it offers a fair value.

I also have been recently subject to a MEGA-SUPER-GOOGLE sandbox penalty and lost thousands of first and second page placements, and more than half of my overall traffic.

Note: I DO NOT feel that 'SEO Hosting' was responsible for this ban.

However, the above quote is a very, VERY important read for ANYONE who is considering signing up for 'SEO' (or any other type of) hosting with the intention of crosslinking, link wheeling, or any other type of manual manipulation / link sculpting strategies.

Different IP's is a good start, which is what Gotwebhost provides. However, the nameservers on ALL these accounts (at least mine) are registered to...guess who?

This is a point of commonality.

Outside of this, so is your registrar, whois info, affiliate ID's, site plugins, templates, and all factors listed above and more.

Now, there is no PROOF that any of these factors have direct SEO implications, but if you think your a-b-c link strategy or 5 different IP's are fooling the big G, you're sadly mistaken. The creation of a truly 'organic' network in the purest sense is nearly impossible to achieve.

The networks I had created were what I though to be VERY organic and VERY well crafted, with all the above factors taken into consideration and more. Most importantly, all sites had UNIQUE, ORIGINAL content. This above ALL ELSE is KEY.

This network grew slowly and steadily for close to 2 years - till summer of 2009, when close to 400 varied sites were unceremoniously dropped over a frighteningly short 2 day period.

However, after careful examination, there were small, NEARLY undetectable points of commonality to most of these sites. These sent up a flag, and...well...you know the rest.

Bottom line: Be careful. It CAN happen.

And now, back to work...
daveylapoo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote