View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:34 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Was away at XBIZ, will respond to real, on-topic questions as I agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachups View Post
Whats your take on different DCs, DC location, hostnames/reverse DNSs and multiple/virtual nameservers Baddog?
As was mentioned by someone earlier, covering your footprints is a good thing. So, yes on all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holograph View Post
Regarding 3% on dedicated IP preference in SERPs, assuming stated quote is true, what would be logical explanation for providing preference to dedicated IPs over shared majority? more reliable, trusted or even significant than the other? What's your take on this?
I think it has something to do with G thinking you are more serious. It is kind of like the theory that if you register your domain for 10 years, all things being equal, G will pick your site over the year-to-year renewal.

I am sure it all fits in their algo in some way, but how much is anyone's guess. Apparently Bruce Clay feels it has some significant weight. I know goodgirl had experimented with this before and had similar results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Jill, this is the reason I changed my mind. I don't want you guys to be angry at me or think it was a slight.
I have a feeling you are not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoughs View Post
Serps would be a pretty good gauge to determine whether someone had the slightest clue, wouldn't you think?

Pretty much any single example would suffice. There has been none, and and doubt we will ever see one.
No matter what example I gave you guys would say it is not a competitive enough example. I can assure you that we rank well for phrases we want. We make sales. Giving you a specific example would only give info that serves no purpose. Like I said, I am not trying to sell anything.

You are a smart guy, I am sure you could figure out some of our phrases if you looked.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote