View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM  
TheDoc
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningStunt View Post
Different C class hosting is just one part of creating a network if you're trying to game the search engines.

Other considerations people should think about:

Whois details - are you going to fake 50 different sets?

Registrars - how many different ones are you going to use?

Are you using the same site generator / template on multiple sites?

Are you leaving any kind of common footprint whatsoever across your network?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if in the next year or so we see google putting sites hosted on these supposed "SEO Hosting" plans increasingly put under the microscope, and it will go down as yet another "potential spam" factor.

There's a reason I host several hundred sites on over a dozen different hosting companies, and across a variety of different registrars. Most people who have large networks that I know do the same.

Good luck.
What size network of sites do you have and what are you doing that "requires" you to need a network like this?

I'm not saying you don't knock some shit down, but the level you're talking about is so far past 99% of what people need, it's not even funny.

All I know is 10k + domains at one registrar, one host... and as long as you aren't purposely trying to gauge the engines, you will never have any issues and still hammer down se traffic. I own 100's of the same niche domains, same host, same registrar, very few ip's... years now, no issues.

It's not really fair to compare what you have with what most people need.

And honestly, I wouldn't want to deal with multi-registrar crap, host issues, billing issues, multi-crap all related to that, when almost none of us need it. Anyone else, is already doing something different.....