View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM  
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media View Post
The sick feeling is because I still feel it is highly wrong and fucked up. What he goes over (ad nauseum) is case law and previous higher rulings, which have a nasty habit of overturning lower courts attempts at saying something is illegal. It is bullshit and it can be highly abused. Just happens to be truthful and he gets beaten on a lot for it.
And deservedly so. In every thread about this he is myopically focused on the law, case law, precedents, like you said. Not what is RIGHT, and let's face it, the internet is still growing and changing and adjusting, but so too are the laws that govern certain aspects of it. Tube sites are still relatively new, and if they are finding loopholes in the law to hide behind while thumbing their noses at owners of intellectual property then it stands to reason that eventually some of those loopholes could get closed.

The one thing he refuses to acknowledge in his as you said 'ad nauseum' arguments is that "the law" does not always equal nor reflect what is right.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote