View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 PM  
Brad Mitchell
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:stop Announcement: MojoHost Policy Change Regarding 'Tube' Site Hosting

Dear friends, clients and community:

In 2008 the challenges of 'principle' facing the adult online industry are fundamentally the same as when I began in 1999. In my opinion, there have always been two underlying considerations for every business practice: 1) is it legal, and 2) is it the right thing to do.

I had my own birth by fire in our industry nine years ago after purchasing a business that I thought answered yes and yes to those questions... but post-purchase discovered it was, as a whole, not legal and not right by my own standards. I made many mistakes but the long story short is I "deleted" everything and started from scratch as soon as I figured out what needed to be done and how I was going to pay for it during that, my first year of poverty and self employment.

As a hosting service provider MojoHost has a rich 6 year history of providing exceptional service, personal support and great value. We have certainly made mistakes over the years but overwhelmingly are proud of our service history and reputation for good business practices.

It is my personal belief, and now the official position of MojoHost, that tube sites whose business model relies predominately on revenues generated from the dissemination of obviously stolen content are unacceptable and we will not host them. Any sites discovered on our network that fall into this category of publishing a preponderance of unlicensed videos will be given 60 days to bring their business model into compliance or may have our assistance in choosing and moving to another suitable host.

Everyone has to do what is right for their business. This is simply our choice and it is motivated purely by what I feel is best for our industry as a whole. This proliferation of stolen content has gone on for too long and affected content producers and publishers in ways that everyone does not yet understand. I am of the belief that we will continue to see these tube sites legitimize their business models, and as each of them finish we would be happy to provide them with a hosting solution.

Sincerely,

Brad Mitchell, CEO
MojoHost