View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 04:40 PM  
Stealthy
Confirmed User

I wouldn't say I've necessarily been fucked over per se, but I have been made promises and offers by people on this board who obviously had no intention of following through. Just big talkers I guess. Oh well, it will take me a lot longer to get where I want to be as a photographer, but I'm just going to do it myself. If that means taking a job or two outside this industry to fund my model shoots, then that's what I'll do. Right now my financial situation is dire indeed, but I have no interest in opening up my own pay sites or anything, I just want to be a photographer.

That's the way I should have looked at it right from the get go, but I thought that a certain someone wanted to help me. One would think that they wouldn't have offered otherwise, but I guess I was mistaken. No big deal, but I will have a very hard time trusting anyone in this business again.

Yeah yeah, I know, "Quit Whining." "Life's a bitch" "You can't count on anyone but yourself" and all that, but put yourself in my situation. If you were pretty much broke but you had a camera, your own lighting equipment and models available to you, but no startup capital, and someone were to offer to loan you some money to do some shoots, what would you do? Yeah, me too. That's where I made my mistake.

Last edited by Stealthy; 01-13-2003 at 04:41 PM..
Stealthy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote